Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!!

Happy Valentines Day!!!
For you romantics, this is a big holiday. For those of us who have a tendency to slide by this one and have a hubby who works late, you might be like me and making graham crackers in the shape of hearts. No? Maybe it's just me but in late winter I crave wholesome home-made graham crackers?  I rarely make them any other time of the year. Strange I know but since I was hungry for them and I figured the grand kids had had enough sweets today, I thought these might be a nice surprise in their lunch boxes.

Making something special for their lunch boxes now and then has become a tradition this year. Maybe it is because I kind of missed the looks of delight I use to get when I made their lunches for school. Not that I miss making them every day like I did  last year but it was fun tucking something special inside that said, "I love you a whole heaping bunch."
So out came the whole wheat and the heart shaped cookie cutter. Id advice you that if you haven't made home-made graham crackers before, you might just become addicted like me. 
the below link is to a blog post I did a while back giving the recipe I use and the changes I made to the original recipe. Yup, I didn't leave this recipe alone either. 

http://easylivingthehardway.blogspot.com/2010/03/graham-crackers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment