Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Dream Laundry Room

 
What would make doing laundry not such a dreary task, a dream set up of course. I love, love, my laundry room. There are cupboards to put not just laundry soap in but old towels, batteries, light bulbs, flashlights, etc. There is a spot off to the left, which you can't see, to hang your mop and broom. There is a rack to hang up shirts, warm from the dryer, and not just one but two counter tops. The space under the countertop to fold on is just right for a good size garbage can and my drying racks. Plus, bless the previous owners, there is a deep sink which I use and use and use. It is so.... handy to take that mop bucket you see underneath it and fill it with soapy water to wash down walls or mop floors. Believe me, I have a great deal of cleaning to do in this very white house before it is all white again and to keep it that way until I paint. 
I would never of thought of it but the washer and dryer at angles toward each other is far better than ones side by side. It makes it easier to shift laundry from the washer to the dryer. Now if only the dryer door opened toward the counter top instead of away. Yes, it would have been a bit better to have flipped the two around but then the sink wouldn't be next to the washer and that is handy when you are scrubbing something and putting it into the washer. I suppose the arrangement has something to do with plumbing. Something I know nothing about except when it isn't working it is a smelly mess to clean up.  
And last but not least is the lovely laundry rack my husband built for me at the previous house. It fits perfectly behind the door. There is room to situate it so that it facing the door and another rack could be placed right beside it, if we needed to have more baskets.

No comments:

Post a Comment