Saturday, August 30, 2014

Taking a Break

Though I have pictures for lots of blogs to come and several blogs started, I will need to take a break from blogging for a couple weeks. Not that I've been writing up a storm lately but life has become very challenging. There are the issues on our own front. We have three month old kid goats that need weaned and no place to separate them off to, to name  one of the least of our problems. We still have two houses to care for as the other one has yet to sell. Our problems are minor in comparison with others though.

We are bringing Kirk's dad from the hospital to his home today. It has been a difficult couple months of one health problem after another for him. He is 88 years old and his body is giving out. The doctors believe he has but a few days left and he will no longer be with us.

It is the time of harvest and I've seven boxes of fruit showing up on Sunday. I ordered them in May. The garden is in full swing and I'm trying to sneak in a little, and I'm getting only a little, time in to sew the 200 bag order due by the first of November. I look forward to my family of my sisters, their husbands, my brother, and my dad for a reunion. They will be here next weekend. The reunions we use to have, have been canceled due to life's emergencies. This one will come no matter what. It will be most precious as cancer has raised its ugly head amongst two members of the group. Life is so uncertain.

Please be patient, I will be back when I can lift my head above water as they say. I'm praying that will be in two weeks. I  need the writing as it is a therapy for my nerves. Until then know I am thinking of you and longing for quiet moments to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment