Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Snuggle in, drink that eggnog, and huddle by the fire because the weather is going to be frightful! We have a forecast for 5 - 8 inches of snow, 25 - 35 mph winds with up to 50 mph gusts. And with a high temperature of the day forecasted to be a whopping 12 Fahrenheit at its height, it will be well below zero wind chill.


Last night we tucked the calves in the barn, the goats into their stalls, and the chickens and the rabbits in the insulated coop. A few chores will be done early this morning before the full force of the storm hits and then we will stay by the fire. I've got pajamas to finish and knitting to do so I'll stay busy. I think I will even make some candy and watch a movie - after all it is Christmas.


What we won't do is go to church. I love church and the service will be a special one but we live 24 miles away. Our exit off the Interstate is lit up with web cameras because it can become so frightful. It might be a rather sleepy exit traffic wise but it is not a nice one in the winter.  We finished reading the Christmas story last night to the kids and now Santa Claus is on their minds.


The kid's momma will pick them up when her grave shift is over early this morning. That is after a large breakfast I have planned. It will be just the three of us today then, our oldest daughter and us. We have never had a laid back, lazy Christmas before. I'm rather looking forward to it. Not that I'd like it every year but this one it would be especially nice as my body and brain need a long winter's nap. I could use a little peace on earth.


The kids set their alarm clock for six and it will soon go off. I'd better get the hot chocolate going. Never heard the likes for our kids had us up at 2 or 3 in the morning each year. I could get use to this though. I'm always up by 4 or 5 at the latest and a little quiet before the storm is rather nice.


Have a wonderful Christmas!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment