Sunday, November 29, 2009

Wyoming Sunrise


While working in the kitchen on our Thanksgiving feast, I glanced out the window to see what appeared to be the fiery lights of Hades spilling forth upon the horizon.

I scurried for my camera, threw on my chore coat, slipped on my shoes, and ran. Behind my hastening figure, my camera gripped in my right hand trailed as I leaped over cactus and drought shrunken sagebrush. For a brief moment I thought, 'What will the neighbors think?' as I imagined how bad I looked in my chore coat, my hair disheveled, and a good chunk of white leg showing below my shrink not to fit any more light blue pajama pants. I figured if they were shocked it was because they missed the time years ago when I locked myself out of the house and had to tip toe through the snow in my bare feet to find help while clad only in a nightgown. The neighborhoods should at least find it good morning entertainment watching the crazy lady dash up and down the fence line snapping pictures.

But if they were paying much attention to me, they were missing this incredible light show.

For the sun's rays rose forth as if with sword in hand and dispelled the devilish light.

It was a memorable Thanksgiving!!!! In fact we had two, one on Thursday at Kirk's brothers and another at our home on Friday so that our son-in-law and some dear friends could join us. ( This light show occurred on Friday.) I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment