Thursday, November 24, 2011

Learning To Crochet

 I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I did. As I ate, I thought about Thanksgiving as a child. The huge smorgasbord of food with multiple salads, and dishes galore to choose from. There were a lot of us to feed as we gathered with extended family to celebrate.

And as my mind wandered, I thought about my grand parents and the things they taught me. One was to crochet. I figured our oldest grand child just might be mature enough to learn. We'd tried a year ago and she had become far too frustrated but as we began once more, she caught on quickly and is thrilled with the possibilities open to her.
 She's already planning on making a scarf though she hasn't gotten beyond a chain stitch. She's only practiced an hour or so. 
It won't be long though and she will be making scarves, hats, mittens, and even sweaters. Then she'd be just like her Aunt Toni. Or that is what I hope as this grandma can crochet but only in a fairly basic manner.

At what age did you learn to crochet?

No comments:

Post a Comment