Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday Spiritual Thought

Will you choose to paint your life in bright happy colors?


"At some time each of us needs to know that times will get better." Jefferey Holland admonishes, "Don't quit, keep walking, help and happiness are ahead." "Some blessings will come soon, some will come later, and some won't come until heaven. But, for those who believe in Christ, they will come."
"Gradtitude is the parent of all virtues."

Thomas S. Monson


You may be wondering why I chose these two quotes. A song has been running through my head lately, Count Your Many Blessing.
I've decided I need a change in attitude. Especially poinent to me is the following lines -
"When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed,

When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,

Count your many blessings; name them one by one,

And it will surpise you what the Lord has done.

Count; your blessings; Name them one by one.

Count your blesing, See what God hath done.

Count; your blessings. Name them one by one.

Count your many blessings, See what God hath done.
...

So amid the conflict, whether great or small,

Do not be discouraged, God is over all

Count; your many blessing; angels will attend,

Help and comfort give you to your journey's end.

Count your blessings name them one by one




When I feel I'm complaining too much it never fails to lighten my load when I stop and count my blessings. Some are always, "Thank you Lord for not giving me the burdens of my neighbor." Mine are perfectly suited to me with my weaknesses and strengths.
Go ahead, count yours. Don't be chinzy and just count the big blessings for the ones you think might be small, may change in importance when taken away. Case in point, my bed. When I travel my aching back and neck make the days away so much more challenging. So get going. I bet you become overwhelmed and stop way before you ever finish the list.
I've found it is pretty hard to be discouraged when you are counting your blessing. Please, if this day finds you troubled - keep walking, don't give up, blessing await you. And while you wait, count your blessings. As for me, I am truly rich in the things that really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment