Well, the dolly quilt is done. The one I made with scraps of fabric left over from our youngest grand daughter's dress, that I'd made her for Christmas, along with some scrap fabric stashed away from other projects done years past.
I thought I had the top of the doll quilt finished yesterday before my hubby came home from work, but then he pointed out a mistake. Yup, in my rush to get done and make supper, I oopsed. See it?
I tried to tell Kirk it was like the Navajo rugs where they purposely put in an error to allow the evil spirits a way to depart. He gave me a, I'm not buying it look. I thought, oh well, I tried and grinned, even though I knew I was going to rip it out and fix it the minutes he pointed out the mistake. Not that I'm a perfectionist but one can't leave this large of a boo, boo.
What tickled me most about the project was the backing, batting, and the bias tape around the edges were all from supplies I already had, meaning, I didn't have to spend any money this week to make this little quilt. That's one of my goals for this year, to use more of the supplies I have on hand to create gifts for the family.