Thursday, October 11, 2012

I Love My Cuber!

 Have I told you about my cuber before? It is AWESOME!!! Ours attaches to our meat grinder but you can buy a separate unit. For us that takes up too much room and we are already over run with equipment in too small a space to house it.  But anyway you buy it, it is one sweet piece taking tender to a whole nother level.

 Feed lot fed antelope or deer meat are pretty good for teeth grinding ability but elk can be a bit chewy at times. Huh, you say. What's feed lot fed antelope? It's what we use to call the deer and antelope on the ranch my dad managed. They ate off the oat and alfalfa feeds so they had lots of fat on them and would be akin to something feedlot fed. They were especially yummy but Dad is retired and hence access denied to those green pastures. But a meat tenderizer isnt' limited to wild game. Pork is my favorite thing cubed. Take a roast or the ham area (the rump)) before you cure it and make ham an slice it, cube it. bread and fry it and you have a little bit of heaven. Ask my sister, she started doing it on my recommendation and she's in love also.

Beef's tougher cuts are no longer with a few runs through the cuber. You've had cubed steak from the store haven't you. Well, this is better because we run ours through three times and the store I think only does it once.
It is a huge relief to my TMJ joints keeping them happy and quiet. Before this hummer, you could literally hear my jaw joints popping way across a room when I ate something chewy. Now quiet, I don't make everyone wince in pain including me. And knives have become ornamental as it doesn't take much to cut these pieces of meat.

The first rule of course to meat cutting being that you cut your meat across the grain not with it. See the grain of this chunk running horizontally? You would cut vertically or you will add to the toughness of every bite.


You then take individual cuts and put them through the cuber one direction and then picking it up you turn it another way and run through once more and once more again at another angle if possible.

All those little knives inside the cuber make cuts, tenderizing the meat without pounding it to a pulp.
And it will look like this. Breaded and fried it will be, yum, yum!

I'll have some more meat cutting tips tomorrow. For now sleep is calling my name so sleep tight and we'll talk later.



No comments:

Post a Comment