Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Spiritual Thought

" When I was a young man and was prone to speak critically, my wise father would say:
"Cynics do not contribute, skeptics do not create, doubters do not achieve."
" Looking at the dark side of things leads to a spirit of pessimism, which often leads to defeat. Let us replace our fears with faith."
Gordon B. Hinckley

You are probably wondering why I chose these photos. This mangy old barn cat with a rotted off leg that is a bloody stump most days is one of my heros. He's taught me what enduring to the end means. When the odds were overwhelmingly against him, he fought back and survived and he continues to fight through each year, never surrendering though life is much more difficult for him than the other barn cats. He doesn't hang around me pleading sympathy or begging for a hand out. Instead, he helps keep my sheds free of mice and when a little milk or cat food comes his way, he's grateful.
May the good Lord count me in the same class as this mangy old cat, someone who knows how to endured to the end, doing her part.

No comments:

Post a Comment