Friday, November 5, 2010

Souffle Frozen

Yum, yum, this morning we had coffee cake with pineapple on the bottom, a bowl of canned pears, and souffle. Lest you think I was up super early this morning to create such a feast, think again. Yes, I did make the cake this morning but the souffle came out of the freezer.


You heard me correctly, the freezer. That is what the picture is of, raw, frozen souffle. I made my favorite recipe from good old Betty Crocker. The cookbook I received as a wedding present. The one that is missing the back cover now. Then I froze the raw creation. Of course it was a cheese souffle. This time with pieces of ham chopped small and broccoli. My favorite is finely chopped zucchini, not cooked, and ham. Most of the time I freeze a number of small containers that can go from the freezer to the oven. I wonder if this would work as well if you used a large dish? The middle may not thaw fast enough.


It is a great idea for a lazy Saturday morning brunch or when you have company coming to stay. I do know that you do not thaw the souffle before baking. That is one mistake I haven't tried. I'm in too much of a hurry to eat it. I heat my oven to 350F as usual and bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment