Thursday, April 1, 2010

Crazy, Crazy

"Crazy crazy give me your answer true. I'm half crazy... please tell me it isn't true." Hush, yes I know it's true but I'm singing to myself. Yes, I know what people say about others who talk to themselves. It's probably all true but I've found a new inspirational thought and I'm sticking to it. "Blessed are the cracked for they shall let in light. " anonymous. I hope I quoted that right but I have a tendency to color things. You know make them more beautiful and bright.


By the way, the song really is, "Daisy, daisy give me your answer true. I'm half crazy over the love of you. It won't be a ??? mmmmmm. I can't afford a carriage but you look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two."


Of course I could tell you I'm also humming, "I'm dreaming of a white christmas ...." but you would then know I was crazy. Really it's just inspiration releasing itself.
Just look outside. Yup, March and snowing. Pretty par for the course in this neck of the woods.


Of course when our daughter went into the bathroom and started scrubbing the tune stayed the same but the words changed to a version I created when I was just a little tike. "I'm dreaming of a white bathtub, just like the one we have at home. Where the faucet glistens and Mother listens to hear if it is running or. I'm dreaming of a white bath tub where all the water is so warm where the soap is sudsy and white and may all your bath tubs be white."
Now you know my secret, "I won't grow up no sir. Not me." (Peter Pan) It's too much fun having one foot in the real world and the other in a land of make believe. So don't be disappointed if I choose the kids table at Thanksgiving. I'm just blending in.


Best go I've got lots of rearranging to do before the kids come back this afternoon. Have a great day. I'll try to be all wise and wonderful tomorrow but today - today I want to return to a world where life is someone elses problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment